At one point of time in our lives,most of us deal with hair loss due to various factors. Most of the time it is underlying health cause which triggers hair fall.It can gradually occur over time or suddenly too.If the signs are ignored,it can lead to permanent hair damage.
Hair is basically a protein called keratin that is produced in hair follicles. As follicles produce new hair cells, old hair cells are being pushed out through the surface of the skin. The hair you actually see is dead keratin cells. The average adult head has about 100,000 to 150,000 hairs.
What is Hair?
What is Hair Loss?Hair Loss is loss of hair from the scalp .Hair loss is also known as Alopecia.
Does it affect only Men?
So how do I know if I am suffering from hair-fall?
- Bald patches.
- Gradual hair thinning.
- Sudden hair loss.
Causes of Hair-Fall:
- Iron Deficiency or Anaemia.
- Vitamin Deficiency.
- Hormonal Imbalances like Thyroid, PCOS.
- Scalp/Skin infections.
- Poor diet lacking nutrition.
- Side effects due to certain medicines.
- Frequent combing/brushing hair.
- Frequent washing of hair.
- Hair Coloring/Dyeing.
- Harsh Shampoos.
- Tight ponytails,hair accessories.
- Styling equipments/treatments:Hair Dryers,Straighteners, Curlers,Perming,Rebonding etc.
- Nutritional Health Supplements.
- Balanced Diet.
- Mild shampoos.
- Topical Minoxidil solutions like Alpac,Amexidil etc.
- Steroid injections.
- Decrease in of hair coloring,hair treatments and hair styling.
- Ultraviolet Therapy.
- Wigs/Hair Pieces.
- Hair Replacement Therapy.
- Good hair hygiene.