Today I will be reviewing Metrogyl Gel Review which a Topical Antibiotic for Acne.
Ingredients:Ornidazole gel 10mg.
Water soluble gel base q.s
Dr.Miltons Laboratories Pvt.Ltd,Puducherry.
Price:Rs.44 for 30grams.
My Skin Type:Oily Skin | Mild-Moderate Acne.
It is a clear gel application.
- Pregnant or Nursing Mothers should avoid this.Please consult your doctor regarding this.
- Skin irritation is a possible side effect but rare.
Pro's:1)It treats Mild-Moderate Acne.
2)It is non-comedogenic and oil-free.
3)It comes in gel form.
4)It comes in a big tube which easily lasts for over a month.
5)It is very affordable.
6)It is easily available.
7)It does break me out.
Con's:1)It is a prescription drug so might not be over-the-counter drug.
2)It is a antibiotic hence like any other antibiotics, the span of effectiveness is short. The reason being after continuous usage,the bacteria becomes resistant to the drug and medication stops working on acne.
3)Generally Topical Antibiotics like Metrogyl,Clindac won't do much for Severe Acne.
Directions for Use:
Apply on the required area once or twice a day.
Availability:It is available in all medical stores in all cities.
It is available online on healthkartplus.com(Delivery to limited cities only)
Final Verdict:This is a really good treatment for acne.I have been using this for a while but not continuously.I use this as a spot treatment for pimples,it is effective in healing them.
Note:I designed a acne regimen around this called-"Metrogyl Regimen" for Mild acne which you can check out here.
- Metrogyl is available in oral tablet form and topical application as well.The one discussed here is a topical version.
- Topical versions also have two other variations Metrogyl DG and Metrogyl V,do not confuse with the one mentioned here.
- Metrogyl is a Prescription Drug, to be taken under medical supervision.
- Metrogyl gel is also prescribed for ulcers and other bacterial infections.