Everybody at one point of time have to deal with Back-pain/Backache.It is one of common problems faced my men and women.It can easily rectified by making few adjustments.If neglected can leads some serious complications and eventually which might require surgeries.
What is backache/pack pain?
What are the symptoms of backache?
- Pain in the upper or lower back.
- Muscle spasm.
- Limited flexibility.
- Inability to move.
- Numbness or Weakness.
- Tingling sensation.
What causes backache?
- Sudden or abrupt movement.
- Strenous activities like Heavy-lifting.
- Muscle/Ligament Spasm.
- Skeletal Irregularities-Abnormal Spine curvatures, Ruptured Disks,Bulging Disks(Vertebra is cushioned by disks in our spine.When the pressure on the nerve increases when the disks are damaged)
- Sleep Disorder.
- Sedentary Lifestyle.
- Poor Posture.
- Long Driving.
- Lack of exercise or physical activity.
- Rare case scenarios-pelvic infections,tumours.
- Normally small adjustments like complete bed rest,losing weight, exercise,yoga,massages makes a difference.
- Steroid Injections.
How to prevent it?
- Exercise increases flexibility of the body.
- Maintain a healthy diet.
- Maintain ideal body weight.
- Maintain good physical postures while sitting,standing,lifting.
- Avoid Smoking otherwise it affects the blood supply to the muscles.
- Certain job natures like desk jobs,driving affect back posture.Taking breaks at regular intervals is advisable.
- Wear comfortable shoes preferably flat shoes otherwise it increases strain on the back muscles.
- Sleep on a good mattress which supports your body comfortably.