In the previous post, I stressed on the importance of acne regimen.This is a Acne Regimen for Mild Acne-Metrogyl Acne Regimen.
Who should opt for this regimen?
METROGYL ACNE REGIMEN
|Cleanser/Face wash||Glogeous Advanced Face wash Gel / AHA Glow|
|Sunscreen||Suncote Gel Sunscreen/Sunprotek SPF 50/Lakme 9-to-5 Super Mattifying Sunscreen/Bioderma Photoderm Spot SPF 50+|
|Scar Removal||Kaya Pigmentation Reducer Gel|
|Moisturiser||Aloe Veda Aloe Vera Skin Nourishing Gel or
Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturiser for Combination Skin(without SPF) or
Sebamed Clear Face Gel
|Face-Mask(Optional)||Proactiv Refining Mask (Sulphur Mask)|
- All the products mentioned here are reviewed,for more info click on the respective products.
- After 1-2 months,AHA Glow can be upgraded to higher concentration of glycolic acid face washes like Ducray Keracnyl Face wash or Glomed.
- You can also add Proactiv Mask which contains Sulphur,Kaolin,Tea Tree oil which also helps with acne.This mask can also be used as spot treatment for pimples.
- If you can still minor breakouts,then it will be good idea to add Sebamed Cleansing Foam in the evenings or before you go to bed.
|MORNING:||Wash your face with Gloegeous Face wash /AHAGlow|
|Apply Suncote Gel Sunscreen 20 minutes before you step outside.|
|Apply Moisturiser if required.|
|(Optional):If you are home, you can apply Kaya Pigmentation Gel on acne blemishes.|
|Re-Apply Suncote Gel Sunscreen if required.|
|Wash your face with AHAGlow.|
|Apply Metrogyl on entire face at nights.
After 15-20 minutes,dab Kaya pigmentation reducer gel on acne blemishes.
What to expect?
- It is important to follow this regimen everyday to reap full benefits.
- Do not unnecessarily additional products like face pack etc.
- Do not use harsh cleansers.
- Women should opt for non-comedogenic make up routine.
- Men can shave with the cleansers like Sebamed Cleansing Foam,Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion, Kaya Soothing Cleansing Gel etc.
- This regimen is not for pregnant/nursing mothers.
- Read here to cope with side effects of acne treatments HERE.
- Metrogyl is easily available.It can also be substituted with Ducray Keracnyl acne cream, Clean and Clear Skin Balancing Moisturiser which contains 0.5% Salicylic acid or Clindamycin(Clindac A,Glintra gel, Cinar etc).
- AHA Glow can be substituted with Ducray Keracnyl Face wash.
- Mederma can be substituted with Kaya pigmentation reducer gel.
This regimen is not very harsh or rigorous because acne is not severe, so regimen is designed to address to treat mild acne.Once acne gets better,you can skip Metrogyl/Acne cream and continue with rest of the regimen for maintenance of skin and avoid future breakouts.
If you have any doubts or issues,please drop a comment below and I would be happy to help you out 🙂 !
Good Luck !