I have previously reviewed glycolic acid cleansers so thought I will do one salicylic acid based cleansers too.Today I am reviewing salicylic based cleansers from Cipla known as Saslic.There are available in 1% and 2% concentrations.
About Salicylic acid:
My Skin Type:
- Saslic-1% Salicylic acid for Oily Skin.
- Saslic DS-2% Salicylic acid for Very Oily Skin.
Directions of use:
Please read the disclaimer written below.
- Always start with the lowest concentration that is Saslic 1%.
- Directly jumping to 2% Saslic is not advisable because 1% concentration is only quiet potent.You can gradually migrate to 2% if required after couple weeks.Unless you have very oily skin, 1% is more than enough for daily maintenance.
- Do not leave it on for more than a minute.
- Do not apply the foam near sensitive areas like eyes and mouth.
- It can cause dryness which is normal reaction,just follow up with a moisturiser.
- Use a sunscreen during the day.
- Use required quantity of foam,one or two pump is enough.
- Salicylic acid products are suitable for mild-moderate acne with acne blemishes.It won’t help severe acne or pitted acne scars.
- Do not use Salicylic acid products with other strong treatments products like retinoids,benzoyl peroxide,isotretinoin etc.
- If you see irritation then it is a sign that saslic is not suiting you.Then you can opt for Glycolic acid face washes like AHA Glow, Ducray Keracnyl Face wash or Glomed.
- If Saslic is not working then you can try another product on the same lines,Sebamed Clear Face Cleansing foam and it suits all skin types and treats all degrees of acne.