Today I will be reviewing Speelac Gel Face wash from Ranbaxy. This is a 2% Salicylic acid gel face wash for oily-acne prone skin.This was one of initial salicylic acid face washes I tried many years ago.Read along to find out more about it.
My Skin Type:
Oily and acne prone skin.
Salicylic acid I.P-2.0% w/w
Rs.188 for 60grams.
Product Description & Swatch:
1)It is a non-comedogenic face wash in a gel base.
2)It contains 2% Salicylic acid which is a pretty powerful acne fighting ingredient.
3)It works on mild-moderate form of acne.
4)It is suitable for oily-acne prone skin.
5)Easy availability & Affordable.
1)It does not lather a lot like SLS cleansers.
2)It is not suitable for sensitive skin.
3)It might not help severe/cystic acne.
4)No complete disclosure of ingredients.
Directions for use:
Apply face wash gel on wet face.Massage it and rinse with water.
Ranbaxy products are easily available in all medical stores.
As of now available online at OneRxIn.com
- Salicylic acid does not suit every one specially sensitive skin types.Patch test is recommended.
- It is 2% Salicylic acid so a strong treatment for acne hence do not use with with Isotretinoin,Retinoids,Glycolic acid products.
- Use a good oil-free and non-comedogenic sunscreen during the day.
- One might experience peeling/dryness/flakiness,in such a case reduce the usage and use a non-comedogenic moisturiser.
- It will suit for mild-moderate form of acne.It is not the most effective treatment for cystic/severe acne.
- It is best to use as a maintenance product or stand alone product.
Dr.Khurana's Lip Lite Lip Lightening Cream Review
Colorbar Skin-Stay The Day Finishing Mist Review
Hair Care Tips for Acne-prone Skin
Diva Journals presents Nivea Giveaway
Saslic and Saslic DS Review
Acmed Gentle Pimple Care Face wash Review
Melawash Face wash Review
PR:Nivea Men Body Deodoriser & Active Clean Shower Gel with Active Charcoal