These are some Essential Tips for Acne-prone skin I personally follow so I am sharing with you guys today. Hope this helps !
- Don’t pop your pimples.When you pop your pimples the bacteria within the Clogged pores come out, which can further spread the infection and inflammation and also not to mention that if your hands are not clean when you pop your pimples, you can transfer more dirt, oil, and bacteria and make your acne worse.
- Avoid touching your face. Although it’s difficult, limit the contact between your face and hands. If you must touch your face remember to wash your hands first.
- You have heard it before drink water and lots of it.The body needs water to properly hydrate the body, maintain blood pressure and elimination. Dehydrated skin, looks dry, can crack and can retain bacteria and toxins that is normally expelled through perspiration. Additionally, water helps to maintain skin elasticity, which promotes cellular growth and repair. A proper amount of water to drink is 6-8 glasses daily.
Eat a healthy, balanced diet. This includes eating fresh fruits and vegetables that are loaded with vitamins, minerals and water. Fruits and vegetables are easily digested and keep the flow of elimination in the body up to par. Caffeine, sugar and refined carbohydrates increase the oil produced within the sebaceous glands making acne more likely to occur.Eating a balanced diet keeps your skin healthy and nourished from the inside out. Healthy foods improve the look of your skin.
- Choose your products and cosmetics wisely.Use oil free and non-comedogenic products.This includes cosmetics, cleansers, face washes, and hair products.The oil in these products can contribute to clogged pores and acne outbursts. Oil and cream based products are most likely comedogenic so normally gel bases are safer.
- Always remove make up at the end of the day using non comedeogenic make up removers like Bioderma Sensibio H20, Colorbar Make up Remover for Oily Skin etc before you go to bed. Leaving make up on you face allows pores to become clogged and acne bacteria to flourish. Residue from make up can accumulate on pillowcase and cause dirt and oil build up in your pores.
Shampoo your hair regularly. Dirty hair or hair with product in it can transfer oil, dirt and bacteria to you face upon contact. By keeping your hair clean you can avoid the transfer of these pore-clogging materials. If you do use product in your hair use a headband, or pull it back off your face.
- Always shower after exercise as well. Sweat can cause product, oil and dirt to move from your hair to your face, which can get trapped in your pores causing acne to occur.
- Exercise on a regular basis. Exercise increases circulation of the blood, nutrients and oxygen to the skin, which allows for proper expulsion of toxins and chemicals through perspiration. Exercise also reduces stress, which reduces the hormone imbalance within the body, which can cause acne.
- Try to get 6-8 hours of sleep a night. Our brain and body need time to reboot and recharge through sleeping. When we sleep our body cleanses the system of toxins from the previous day. In addition, sleep gives our body the rest it needs to be able to maintain all the systems of the body especially the immune system that protects our skin. Without adequate energy our body is unable to work properly and our systems don’t work efficiently.Sleep restores our body’s energy levels so we can adequately fight off infection, inflammation and bacteria.
- One of the main reasons of acne also is deficiency of vitamins,minerals. Follow Up with your Physician for more.Dietary supplements definitely make a huge difference in healing acne.
- Consult a Dermatologist for Further Treatment and Analysis.
Lastly Be Patient with Acne Treatment.It cannot be treated overnight,its a step by step process of elimination of acne.Take baby steps,do not use many products unnecessarily. Don’t Stress over this cause its bad for your health.Stress is also a big cause for acne outbreak.Have A Right Approach towards treating acne,Right Regimen,Right Guidance,Right Products.
Image Credits:Image 1 whologwhy@flickrImage 2 Idhren@flickrImage 3 RelaxingMusic@flickr
Best Face Masks For Oily/Acne Prone Skin
Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Shampoo & Conditioner Review
Best Compact Powders For Oily/Acne Prone Skin
Nivea Q10 Firming & Nivea Oil in Lotion Cocoa Nourish Body Lotions Reviews
Ethicare Women's Day Giveaway Winners
FabIndia Tea Tree Face Wash Review
Nivea Oil-in-Lotion Argan Nourish Body Lotion Review
PR:Nivea Men Fresh Active Shaving Range