Hi Guys.I will be reviewing my favourite face wash AHA Glow which I have been using for 3-4 months.Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I had Mild Acne.So my cousin suggested this face wash for me.I did not want to use many products for acne so I wanted to keep the products to a minimum to maintain my skin.It is a very good product for acne prone skin.Because of using this product regularly I have clear skin.
My Skin Type:
Oily and Acne prone skin.
Active Ingredients:Aloe vera-5%, Glycolic acid-1%, Vitamin E-0.1%, Gel Base q.s.
Colour:Brilliant blue FCF
Others:Bronopol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Tween 80, Cresmer RH40, Proteol Oat, Oramix NS10, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate and coloured milli capsules
Rs 117 for 50 grams and Rs 199 for 100 grams.
1)It is non comedogenic cleanser.
2)It contains 1% Glycolic acid which is a very good acne fighting ingredient.
3)It also contains moisturising ingredients like Aloe vera and Vitamin E.
4)It is paraben free.
5)It is a gel based cleanser ,lathers up nicely and cleanses well.
6)It is suitable for all skin types including oily and acne prone skin.
7)It also helps with oil control.
8)It has fruity fragrance.
1)It is not SLS(Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) Free.
2)It can render skin dry so follow up with a moisturiser.
Directions for use:
Just squeeze required quantity of face wash and crush the coloured milli capsules.Work up a lather and apply on your face. Rinse off with water.
It is a superb product.It not only cleared my acne but lightens acne marks,blemishes and also removes tan to an extent after prolonged use.Since this is working out so well,I plan to upgrade to Keracnyl or Glomed face wash(4-5% Glycolic acid)
- For those who do not know about Glycolic acid, it is a sugar cane derivative.For more info read here.
- Since it contains Glycolic acid,it is advisable to start using it once a day for few days and gradually make it twice a day.
- It can cause dryness/peeling/flakiness.It is normal skin reaction to Glycolic acid so do not panic.Just follow up with a moisturiser.
- Add a sunscreen as well since glycolic acid exfoliates skin,it is necessary to preserve the results.
- It is not advisable to use with harsh acne treatments like Retinoids,Benzoyl Peroxide, Isotretinoin etc as it can cause more dryness and irritation.
- This product can be used by all skin types just not oily/acne prone skin to maintain good skin as glycolic acid encourages shedding of dead skin cells,unblocks pores,lightens marks,reduces wrinkles,improves overall skin texture.