Today’s post I will discuss about one of the most common hormonal disorder affecting Women these days known as Polycystic Ovarian SyndromeDisease/(PCOS) or (PCOD).It is more of a silent killer and most women choose to ignore it.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome means the development of various cysts inside the ovaries and increase in male hormone called Androgens which leading to serious health complications.
- Irregular Period Cycle.
- No Periods.
- Irregular Ovulation.
- Painful Menstrual Cramps.
- Weight Gain/Obesity.
- Facial Hair Growth.
- Spike in Sugar/Insulin Levels.
- Skin Changes/Discolourations.
- Change in Voice.
Causes of PCOS/PCOD:
- Insulin Resistance.
- Hormonal Imbalance due to Testosterone,Luteinizing Hormone(LH) etc.
- Recent studies as shown exposure to Androgens(Male Hormones) in the womb/foetus can lead to PCOS.
If you see even one of the above symptoms then visit a Gynaecologist and get your tested at the earliest.
- Blood Tests comprising Hormones,Insulin,Cholesterol profile.
- Pelvic Ultrasound Scans.
- The most common form of treatment is low dosage birth control/oral contraceptive pills (OCP’s).This corrects most of the issues like regulation of cycles,infertility,acne etc.
- Adapting Healthy Lifestyle and Losing weight corrects the hormonal issues.
- Anti-Male Hormones to reduce side-effects like hair growth,skin changes due to PCOS.
- Oral Supplements of Insulin like Glycomet etc(Diabetic Medication).
- If none of the above options are not effective in inducing Ovulation, Laproscopy Surgery is considered.
Cost: The Entire course of Treatment will be around few months so it could easily cost you around Rs 3000-4000.
- High Blood Pressure.
- High Cholesterol.
- Abnormal Bleeding.
- Endometrial Cancer.
- Liver Inflammation.
- Sleep Apnea(Irregular Breathing pattern during sleep).
- Risk of heart diseases.
From Acne Point of View:
PCOS/PCOD is definitely one common trigger of Acne in Women. It is more of a warning sign.The increase in Androgens makes the skin Oily and Acne prone. Added to that it could also lead to Insulin Resistance,Thereby you have your two strong causes of acne. Acne treatments are not effective unless underlying hormonal issues like these are not treated,you will continue to get acne.So my advise do not neglect any of these signs and get yourself treated.
Everyuth Fairness Peel-Off Mask Review
Maybelline Xmas Giveaway Winners
Himalaya Herbals Anti-Hairfall Shampoo Review
PR:Nivea Father's Day Gifting Idea
MyBabyCart.Com Website Review
Spotted New Products in Jan'15 Vol.1
Is Sunscreen really necessary?
Ducray Keracnyl- Foaming Gel, Complete Regulating Care Cream,Triple Action Mask Reviews