Today I will be reviewing Ducray Keracnyl products for oily and acne-prone skin. Ducray is a France company that has some very popular skin and hair care products.Ducray has another sister company called A-Derma which also has good skin care products.For more information on their products you can check their website here and here. Ducray products are non-comedogenic,paraben-free and hypo-allergenic. Products are available over-the-counter i.e you do not need any prescription to purchase them.Unlike their contemporary brands,they are not overly priced either.
My Skin Type:
1) Ducray Keracnyl Foaming Gel
Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Coco-Glucoside, Glycerin, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Acetamide Mea, Benzoic Acid, Blue 1 (Ci 42090), Disodium Edta, Fragrance (Parfum), Green 5 (Ci 61570), Myrtus Communis Leaf Extract , Phenoxyethanol, Sclerotium Gum, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Zinc Salicylate.
Rs 192 for 50ml and Rs 390 for 100ml.
1) It is non comedogenic face wash/cleanser.
1) Since it has high concentration of Glycolic acid,it can render skin dry some.
Directions for Use:
Just squeeze out a little quantity of gel and rinse you face with water.
This is really good face wash for oily and acne prone skin. It cleanses well and keeps skin acne free too. You can use just face wash or use it with Keracnyl Cream as your acne regimen.Since it is a versatile product it can also use it as face wash and body wash for skin lightening or body acne.You can check other glycolic acid face washes here: AHA Glow ,Glomed
My Rating: 4/5
2)Ducray Keracnyl Complete Regulating Care Cream
Water(Aqua),Triethylhexanoin,GlycolicAcid,CetearylAlcohol,Cyclopentasiloxane,Glyceryl Stearate,Polymethyl Methacrylate,Sodium Hydroxide,Cyclohexasiloxane,Ceteareth-33,Lactic Acid, Bisabolol,Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Citric Acid,Disodium Phosphate,Fragrance (Parfum),Myrtus Communis Leaf Extract,Salicylic Acid,Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract,Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Xanthan Gum, Zinc Salicylate.
1)It is non comedogenic acne cream for mild/moderate acne.
6)It is paraben-free and hypo-allergic.
7)It contains Mytracine to minimise the irritation.
8)It is suitable for oily and acne prone skin.
1)Since it has salicylic acid it might suit everyone.
Directions for Use:
Start by applying 2-3 times in a week.Gradually the frequency can be increased.It can used during day/night time as per you convenience. My suggestion would be night since it can make face bit heavy during day.
This acne cream did help my mild acne for few months.But for some reason it was ineffective after a while.Please note this was my case,not necessarily same for others. It could be due to hormonal acne caused by my hyperthyroidism. So I had to move to a bit stronger acne cream which I will discuss shortly in another post.This is not very strong treatment as such and it won’t do much for severe acne.
3)Ducray Keracnyl Triple Action Mask
Water (Aqua), Kaolin,Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Hectorite,Nylon-128. Peg-100 Stearate, Polyethylene, Sodium Hydroxide, Ceteareth-20, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance (Parfum), Green 3 (Ci 42053), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Zinc Salicylate.
5)It is paraben-free and hypoallergenic.
6)Zinc Salicylate helps dry up pimples.
Directions for Use:
Apply the mask all over face and let it dry for 5-10 minutes. Rinse you face.
This face mask is a decent product but nothing exceptional from other face masks.I feel Proactiv Sulpur Mask is much better than that and helps with acne as well.
- For those who do not know about Glycolic acid, it is a sugar cane derivative.For more info read here.
- It can cause dryness/peeling/flakiness.It is normal skin reaction to Glycolic acid so do not panic.Just follow up with a moisturiser.
- Add a sunscreen as well since glycolic acid exfoliates skin,it is necessary to preserve the results.
- It is not advisable to use with harsh acne treatments like Retinoids, Benzoyl Peroxide, Isotretinoin etc as it can cause more dryness and irritation.
- This products are meant for oily/acne prone skin to maintain good skin as glycolic acid encourages shedding of dead skin cells,unblocks pores,lightens marks, reduces wrinkles, improves overall skin texture.
- It is advisable to ease into the products slowly and gradually.
- Products not suitable for sensitive skin.
- Salicylic acid might not suit everyone.
- If you see any irritation,it is advisable to discontinue.