Today I will be reviewing an excellent acne treatment called EPIDUO Gel from Galderma. If you tried everything else and nothing worked,then you definitely have to try this gel. Read along to know everything you need to know about Epiduo!
My Skin Type:
Price & Availability:
To buy EPIDUO GEL on ClickOnCare.com,click HERE.
To buy PERODUO GEL on ClickOnCare.com, click HERE.
To buy MINOZ BPO GEL on ClickOnCare.com, click HERE.
About EPIDUO Gel:
- Epiduo formula consists of 0.1% Adapelene and 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide which are two of the most powerful ingredients which effectively cures acne and prevents further breakouts.
- Adapelene is a derivative of Retinoid which unclogs pores treating acne forming under skin’s surface and decrease inflammation,redness,swelling of the pimple.
- Benzoyl Peroxide is a antimicrobial which kills the acne causing bacteria.
How to use Epiduo?
- Wash you face with a mild or neutral cleanser(ones without salicylic acid/glycolic acid) like Kaya Soothing Cleansing Gel, Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion etc.
- Apply Epiduo at nights before retiring to bed.
- Take a pea size of gel,dot it all over face and massage it.
- Do not sleep immediately.Leave it of for 20-30 minutes.
- Always use a good sunscreen during the day which is non-comedogenic and oil-free like Suncote, Kaya Sunscreen SPF 15 etc.
- Use a good moisturiser which is non-comedogenic and oil free like Neutrogena Oil free moisturiser(without spf),Cetaphil Moisturiser for Oily Skin etc.
- I would also suggest women to skip make up for few days. If you must use minimum products and non-comedogenic ones.
What to expect after using Epiduo? What are the side effects?
- It is pretty normal to experience dryness, flakiness, redness, burning sensation. Use a moisturizer.
- Increased sun sensitivity.
- You might also experience Purging or Initial Breakout which means acne can get worse in the beginning for a few days.It happens with almost all acne treatments. There is no need to panic,it happened to me that I almost gave up but I am glad I didn’t .It only means the medication is working, it starts by unclogging pores and eliminating acne gradually.It will get better eventually so hang in there 😉
My Experience with Epiduo & Final Verdict:
I have also created a regimen with epiduo known as Epiduo Acne Regimen,for details click here.
Note:Off late some of you have been finding difficultly in procuring Epiduo gel.There are other Epiduo gel alternative available in India which is Peroduo Gel by Ajanta and Oxidoben Gel By Cipla.
- Epiduo can be safely used from age 9+ years as per US FDA guidelines and Galderma’s leaftlet.
- Read the leaflet provided by the manufacturer before using it.
- Pregnant or Lactating mothers should not use.
- Do not apply near sensitive areas like near nose,eyes,mouth.
- Do not use it with strong treatment products like salicylic/ glycolic acid/sulphur/ any alcohol products like toners/cleansers etc.
- It might bleach fabrics like pillow covers,towels etc.So opt for white bedding,clothing,towels.You can also put a towel on pillow to avoid that.
- If you have any skin allergies,please consult your doctor on this.
- It is advisable to leave the application for few minutes instead to going to bed immediately.
- Women should not bleach or use depilatory creams on the applied area.
- It is advisable to apply epiduo at nights.
- Use it regularly.If you do happen to miss it,do not worry just resume applying from next day.
- Apply pea-sized gel only otherwise it might cause more dryness.
- Apply all over face instead of spot treatment for more effectiveness.
- For any other information ask your doctor or visit the website: epiduo.com
- Epiduo also as a App called Epi-tracker for Android and I-phones to check the progress,comparisons etc.To download,click here.