Today I will be reviewing Metrogyl Gel Review which a Topical Antibiotic for Acne.
Ornidazole gel 10mg.
Water-soluble gel base q.s
Lekar Pharma, Ankleshwar.
Rs.44 for 30grams.
My Skin Type:
Oily Skin | Mild-Moderate Acne.
- Pregnant or Nursing Mothers should avoid this.Please consult your doctor regarding this.
- Skin irritation is a possible side effect but rare.
1)It treats Mild-Moderate Acne.
2)It is non-comedogenic and oil-free.
3)It comes in gel form.
4)It comes in a big tube which easily lasts for over a month.
5)It is very affordable.
6)It is easily available.
7)It does break me out.
1)It is a prescription drug so might not be over-the-counter drug.
2)It is a antibiotic hence like any other antibiotics, the span of effectiveness is short. The reason being after continuous usage,the bacteria becomes resistant to the drug and medication stops working on acne.
3)Generally Topical Antibiotics like Metrogyl,Clindac won’t do much for Severe Acne.
Directions for Use:
It is available in all medical stores in all cities.
It is available online on healthkartplus.com(Delivery to limited cities only)
This is a really good treatment for acne.I have been using this for a while but not continuously.I use this as a spot treatment for pimples,it is effective in healing them.
- Metrogyl is available in oral tablet form and topical application as well.The one discussed here is a topical version.
- Topical versions also have two other variations Metrogyl DG and Metrogyl V,do not confuse with the one mentioned here.
- Metrogyl is a Prescription Drug, to be taken under medical supervision.
- Metrogyl gel is also prescribed for ulcers and other bacterial infections.