Hi Everyone! Today I will be reviewing a glycolic acid face wash from Curatio known as Melawash which is 6% Glycolic acid.It is the strongest glycolic acid face wash available in the Indian markets.Read along to find out more about it!
My Skin Type:
3)It has slight unpleasant smell.
Directions for use:
Two very important usage instructions:
1) Please do not use with strong acne treatments.
2) It is advisable to use the face wash once a day since it is a very strong face wash otherwise it could cause more dryness.
One thing I really disliked is the fragrance,its a really turn-off!Honestly I am bit disappointed here since most Curatio products have pleasant fragrance and of good quality.
If I had to choose between Glomed and Melawash,I would go for Glomed because it has liquorce extracts,aloe vera and pro-vitamin B along with 5%Glycolic acid and smells good too!
- Do not use Melawash with strong acne treatments like Isotretinoin,Benzoyl Peroxide,Retinoids.
- Since the concentration of glycolic acid is high,start using once a day and gradually make twice a day after few days.
- It is suitable to use as Melawash as stand alone product i.e when you are not using any strong product/treatment.
- You might see dryness,just add a moisturiser.
- Winters you can reduce the usage if it makes your skin dry.