Body odour is a common issue faced by many.It is a sensitive problem because it is embarrassing. So lets us see what causes that and how to deal with it!
What is Sweating?
What causes Body Odour?
So When it is not normal?
- Liver/Kidney Failure
So how to counter body odour?
- Maintain good body hygiene.
- Shower after exercising/working out and twice in a day if necessary.
- You can add a 2-3 spoons of Vinegar/Apple Cider Vinegar or a spoon of Baking Soda in water and take bath.This makes bacteria difficult to thrive in acidic medium.
- You can also try adding few drops aromatic oils like Tea tree oil,Lavender oil in water.
- Always use fresh clothes and wash your clothes everyday.
- Change your inner-wear everyday.
- Air your wardrobe on a regular basis.You can spritz a little perfume on the clothes too.
- Dry yourself properly with a towel after bath.
- Make it a point to wash all your gym gear,accessories like arm bands,wrist bands,face towels,socks.
- Wearing shoes for prolonged hours make feet sweat. So wash your feet and apply some powder.Also airyour feet and shoes frequently in open space.This helps get rid of unpleasant smell.
- Opt for Antiperspirants rather than Deodorants.The reason behind this is Deodorants/Perfumes wont help with sweating,they only mask the body odour.On the other end, Antiperspirants contains Aluminium which temporary block sweat glands and prevent body odour.
- Sweating also depends food intake.Spicy Foods, Garlic, Onions,Caffeinated drinks increase sweating.
- Wear Loose Cotton clothing than synthetic ones cause they allow skin to breathe.
- Do not forget to dry the crevices between underarms, hands,legs,skin folds etc.If necessary you can apply a little bit of talc or anti fungal powders containing Clotrimazole. Bacteria breed easily if the crevices are moist.
- Shaving under arms also reduces body odour.
- Smoking affects body odour so cutting down on it is suggested.
Such rigorous and scary treatments are not necessary.I feel by following above mentioned good hygiene and adjustments,this is can be managed easily.