AHA Glow is a very popular face wash among oily-acne prone skin folks.Torrent Pharma has come up with one more version of AHA Glow known as AHA Glow-S Foaming Face wash.S stands for Salicylic acid. Read along to find out more about it!
My Skin Type:
Oily-acne prone skin.
Aloe vera extract-5% w/v
Glycolic acid-1% w/v
Salicylic acid-2% w/v
Ingredients:Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocoamido Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycerin, PEG-8, Carbomer, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Trometamol, Citric acid, Fragrance, Purified water.
Product Description & Swatch:
1)It is non-comedogenic foam face wash.
2)It contains powerful acne fighting ingredients-1% Glycolic acid and 2% Salicylic acid.
3)It contains Aloe vera.
4)It is suitable for oily-acne prone skin.
5)It treats acne and blemishes.
6)It comes in a convenient pump packaging.
1)Since it is strong combination of Glycolic-Salicylic acid,it will not suit sensitive skin.
2)It can cause dryness/peeling/flakiness.
Directions for use:
2)Gentle massage the foam all over the face for 20-30 seconds avoiding eye and mouth area.
3)Rinse thoroughly with water and pat dry.
- Please do a patch test to see if this product suits you.Salicylic products does not suit everyone.
- It is advisable to use this product if you have used glycolic/salicylic acid product in the past since it is a strong product.Starting right away with AHA Glow-S might not be good idea,instead use AHA Glow for few weeks and see if suits your skin type before moving on to this variant.
- Initially start by using it once a day so that skin can get adjusted to it.
- Do not leave the foam on the face not more than 30 seconds as it can cause dryness.
- Please do not forget use a non-comedogenic sunscreen.
- Use a moisturiser if you see any dryness.
I grabbed this product when I paid a friendly visit to my local pharmacy to buy AHA Glow instead stumbled upon a new variant AHA Glow-S.The packaging and mechanism is pretty similar to Saslic.Initially I thought since it is a treatment cleanser,it won’t do a good job with cleansing.But it lathers up nicely and removes oil and cleanses well because of surfactants.It is pretty similar to Himalaya Herbals Oil Clear Lemon and Neem Foaming Face washes.The combination of Glycolic-Salicylic acid cleanser is pretty rare in India.There are 2 more face washes with same combo as AHA Glow-S:
- Rejuglow Face wash.The composition is 2% Glycolic acid, 1% Salicylic acid.
- Vichy Normaderm Purifying Gel .The composition of Glycolic-Salicylic acid is around 0.5% which is not harsh on skin.[Review coming up soon]
This face wash suits moderate-severe acne.If you have mild acne,you could try AHA Glow.Overall a good product,please read the usage directions and disclaimer above before trying it out.
Proactiv Acne Treatment Kit Review
PR:NIVEA MEN Dark Spot Reduction Face Scrub & All-in-1 Pump Pack for Men
What does Comedogenic and Non-Comedogenic mean?
Rustic Art Organic Aloe vera & Aloe vera-Peach-Avocado Gels Review
Lakme 9-to-5 Mattifying Super Sunscreen SPF 50 PA+++ Review
Time for a Cause:A Heart Warming Story of A Elephant named Raju
Oriflame Pure Nature Rose Extracts Refreshing Rose Water Review
Best Engineering Colleges in Bangalore